Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a mentor for the Montgomery Cheetahs. To register you need to be 13 years or older and play hockey with any of the local clubs. After your registration is complete you will start receiving weekly email invitations for practice along with team updates. You need to complete the registration process prior to participating in on-ice activities due to insurance requirements. The invitation to sign up for practice comes out on Wednesday evening for the following Saturday. At practice, the mentor will check in with whoever is taking attendance and we’ll match him up with a special-needs player whom they will assist with the drills.
Our practice times are Saturday mornings at Cabin John, starting at 7am with our A/B Teams, at 8:30am with our C Teams and at 9:30am for the Beginner Players. However, we do require that ALL new mentors only sign up for sessions 2 and 3. Our more experienced skaters skate in the 1st session and there are fewer opportunities for the new mentors to learn the ropes. Our season runs from September through April. Mentors need only bring their skates, gloves, helmet, and stick unless they are mentoring a goalie and we’ve worked it out in advance for them to dress up in full gear. Also, the mentors should not wear shorts to practice.
There are two sites on which you must be registered:
ALL mentors need to register with the Cheetah Framework.
The Cheetah Framework - http://cheetahframework.llc-bits.com
1. The Cheetah Framework site manages the practice signups and hour tracking/reporting. You will receive notifications and reminders of upcoming activities such as practices, and you’ll be able to generate SSL/Community Service verification reports any time you need them.
2. Registration usually isn't too difficult. Just be sure to register the mentor on the first page (you’ll register the parent in a later screen) and fill out all required fields denoted by an asterisk (*). Keep clicking the Next / Continue and Register as Parent buttons until you get to the last page with the Submit button. The buttons become active (transition from grey to green) once you've entered all of the required info. If you don't see a green button on the page, then you haven't entered all the required data so please look carefully. With certain browsers, you may have to hold down the Ctrl key when you click the green Complete button if you’ve enabled pop-up blocking.
3. After submitting I'll receive an email prompting us to review and approve your registration which we generally do as soon as we see it. Subsequently, you will receive an email confirming that you've been registered. That's it - you will only ever have to register once!
If your son or daughter is under the age of 18, the registration process is rather simple and straightforward. However, there are a few items you’ll need before you get started.
NOTE: A parent or guardian is required to complete the registration. The registration will be under the mentor’s name. Registration is required every year.
REGISTRATION. Let’s begin.
Cut and paste the following link into your address bar:
1. Read the registration instructions.
2. Scroll down and select “Register Here if Under the Age of 18.”
1. Read the registration instructions.
2. If you have a Sport Engine account, select “SIGN IN.” See the example below.
3. If you do not have a Sport Engine account, select “CREATE AN ACCOUNT.”
4. If you already have a Sports Engine account AND are signed in, skip to the next step.
5. Once you are signed in, you’ll see a “CONTINUE” button at the bottom of the page. Press “CONTINUE” and start registering your mentor.
Start registering your mentor.
When registering your mentor, please make sure you answer the following questions accordingly. See the example below.
Team?: “Montgomery Cheetahs”
Who is registering? “Parent/Guardian for Jr. Coach”
What are you registering as? “Jr. Coach (under 18)”
You must acknowledge and/or electronically sign that you’ve read the following policies to register:
ASHA IDEA Commitment
Zero Tolerance Policy
Waiver and Consent
Assumption of Risk
Heads Up Concussion Waiver
Finally, you’ll be given the opportunity to review your registration and make changes as necessary.
When you’re completely satisfied with your mentor’s registration, scroll to the bottom of the page and press “COMPLETE REGISTRATION.” See the example below.
That’s it. You’re done. You’re not required to send any documents to Coach Lucia. However, it would be greatly appreciated if you would send an email to Coach Lucia - firstname.lastname@example.org - stating you’ve registered your mentor.
Please contact Coach David Lucia for further instructions.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need any further information.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Carolina Harp - email@example.com
Mentor Coordinatoring interesting about your business here.
Special Hockey Montgomery, Inc.
501(C)(3) Non-Profit Organization
Federal Tax ID: 20-5979889
P.O. Box 34089
Bethesda, MD 20827
For More Information
Visit our Web Site www.montgomery-cheetahs.org
Copyright © 2018 Montgomery Cheetahs Hockey Club - All Rights Reserved